2015 SEMA Show, Day 1: Toyo Offers Virtual-Reality Experience and One-of-a-Kind Vehicles
Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. is displaying its brands in three distinct areas at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show running now through Nov. 6 in Las Vegas.
The company has a large booth inside the South Hall; a display directly outside the South Hall and the Toyo Tires Treadpass, which serves as a walkway between the South and Central Halls. Together they feature more than 30 cars and trucks including several making their world debut. These vehicles demonstrate the broad range of products and sizes offered by Toyo Tires. Featured lines include Open Country for light trucks, SUVs and outdoor adventure vehicles; Proxes for the performance-minded; and the new Celsius variable-conditions tire.
Outdoor display (Exhibit #62122)
Last year on the tower and screens in front of the South Hall, Toyo’s Recoil2 action film played. This year, visitors will experience a sneak peek of Recoil 3 through virtual-reality. Featuring Team Toyo’s BJ Baldwin and his Monster Energy/Toyo Tires trophy truck, the film will take fans on a new adventure.
An action-packed, SEMA-exclusive version of the traditional variety also will be playing. The full-length version will be released in mid-November on the Toyo Tires YouTube channel.
Inside the South Hall (Booth #40039)
Inside South Hall, visitors can walk through the Toyo Tires booth featuring popular products and three never-before-seen cars.
- Limited Edition Misha Designs Ferrari 458 Italia Wide Body
Aftermarket tuner Misha Designs will debut a Ferrari 458 Italia enhanced with its Limited Edition body kit. The design includes a three-inch wider track at the rear thanks to aggressively flared arches. Its large rear wing is inspired by the LaFerrari FXX K. It also represents the world debut of Savini’s “Forged Step Lip” concave wheel technology. Filling the wide fenders is a set of Toyo Proxes 4 Plus all-season UHP tires in a 245/35R20 front and 295/30R20 rear size.
- Wald Rolls Royce Wraith Black Bison Edition
Wald International, a renowned tuner from Japan, is holding a world debut for its Wald Rolls Royce Wraith Black Bison Edition. Elegance combines with muscularity using Wald’s newly designed front bumper, side skirts, rear lip, trunk wing and sport exhaust. A lowering module provides the correct stance, while the Rolls is equipped with 22x9.0 front and 22x10.5 rear B11C alloy wheels. Toyo Proxes STII tires fill the fenders with a 265/35R22 size up front, and 285/35R22 in the rear.
- Bulletproof Automotive BMW Z4 GT Continuum
Bulletproof Automotive is debuting its 15th anniversary world project -- the Z4 GT Continuum. Reflecting the company’s “The Real JDM” tuning philosophy, this radically modified BMW is inspired by the open cockpit cars found in the era of vintage motorsport. The end result is a German vehicle, tuned in a Japanese aesthetic, with a past-meets-future design blend. Tires for this race-inspired car are Toyo Proxes R888 DOT competition tires in a 285/35ZR20 front and 315/30ZR20 rear size.
On Wednesday, visitors also will have the chance to meet Courtney Hansen, well-known automotive personality and host of PowerNation TV. She will sign autographs for fans between 11 a.m. and noon.
Toyo Tires Treadpass
Making their way from the rear of the South Hall to the Central Hall, show attendees walk through Toyo Tires Treadpass, an outdoor automotive playground that has become a landmark at the SEMA Show. With nearly 30 specialty cars and trucks, the Treadpass pays homage to the creativity found in the design and construction of top SEMA Show vehicles.
The space is also known for its Recharge Lounge, a place where visitors can rest and charge electronic devices. Among the vehicles and displays is nearly the entire line-up of Toyo products, including commercial tires.
The following is a small sample of vehicles planned for the Toyo Tires Treadpass:
- Dan Henderson’s 1973 International Scout -- UFC Light Heavyweight Dan Henderson owns this one-off urban assault vehicle based on a 1973 International Scout. Besides its tough looks with a custom paint scheme, special bucket seats, a custom roll cage and wide fenders; the Scout rolls on 40x15.50R20 Toyo Open Country M/T tires for maximum traction.
- Project FFR Cobra Jet Challenge -- SEMA Show marks the debut of Project FFR Cobra Jet Challenge, based on a Factory Five MK IV Challenge car with a street completion package. This lightweight race-inspired car is propelled by a 625+ hp Coyote engine and is held to the ground with a massive front spoiler, and equally massive rear wing. Mounted on CCW C18 Hybrid Series wheels are Toyo Proxes R888 DOT competition tires, size 275/35ZR18 in the front and 315/30ZR18 in the rear. Constructed in a home garage by Mark Gearhart, the build series has been featured on StangTV.com.
- 1974 Datsun Sunny Ute -- Japanese nostalgia collides with modern day performance with the 1974 Datsun Sunny Ute owned and built by Dominic Le. Its wild appearance is attributed to the melding of a custom dry carbon fiber Hakosuka (Nissan Skyline) conversion front end by 09 racing japan. Custom rear flares and a carbon fiber truck bed floor also help define its unique appearance. Power comes from an S15 turbocharged S14 SR20DET engine with several performance enhancements, while a NISMO 3.9 limited slip differential tries to make sense of the outrageous burst of power. Just a few of the interior enhancements include a custom Hakosuka dash and center console, and vintage Autolook racing seats. VOLK Racing TE37V 15X9” front and 15X10” rear wheels are wrapped with Toyo® Proxes® R888™ tires in a 195/50R15 front, and 205/50ZR15 rear combination.
- 1947 Legacy Power Wagon -- Legacy Classic Trucks of Jackson Hole, WY, has developed a global reputation for its modernization of the venerable Dodge Power Wagon which originally began production in 1945. This 1947 Power Wagon features Legacy’s trademark craftsmanship. It has been converted into a four-door, long bed truck, with air conditioning, a luxurious interior, and massive amounts of torque which runs through Dynatrac axles. Toyo Open Country M/T tires in size 40X13.50R17LT provide the comfort, durability and traction for this massive truck.
Whether in a Toyo Tires area or walking through the Las Vegas Convention Center, show attendees will see the brand on hundreds of vehicles including those in major exhibitor booths such as Ford, Honda and Hyundai. Just a few of the SEMA aftermarket company displays include: Granatelli Motor Sports, Mackin Industries, Kelderman, Vortech and SnugTop.
For more information, visit www.toyotires.com.