Hankook takes Laufenn brand to Europe
After launching its Laufenn tire brand in the United States during the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in 2014, Hankook Tire Co. Ltd. is expanding the line, and taking it to the European market.
“Laufenn will provide a new perspective on tires to our European customers,” says Seung Hwa Suh, vice chairman and CEO of Hankook Tire. “It will grow as a sustainable brand with our strategic efforts to meet the diverse needs of consumers in this market. We will continue to invest and make Laufenn a market player providing the most practical values that consumers seek.”
Laufenn tires will become available for consumers across all of Europe by spring 2016.
The new lineup of Laufenn products was developed especially for the European market needs with Hankook’s European Technical Center (ETC) in Hanover, Germany, playing a vital role in development.
The tires will be manufactured at the company’s high-tech production facility in Hungary, which specializes in the production of Hankook's premium passenger car, sports utility vehicle (SUV) and LTR tires for the European market.
Laufenn aims to serve smart and price-conscious consumers with a well-rounded range of quality products, which fit a variety of lifestyle needs through timely tire performance upgrades and enhancements.
Laufenn initially will offer five product lines:
- S FIT EQ (passenger car summer tires for the performance segment from 15 to 19 inch);
- G FIT EQ (passenger car summer tires for the touring segment from 13 to 17 inch);
- X FIT VAN (Summer tires for the SUV/Van segment from 14 to 16 inch);
- i FIT (studdless passenger car/SUV winter tires for western and central European markets from 13 to 18 inch); and the
- i FIT ICE (studdable passenger car/SUV winter tires for Scandinavia/Russia from 13 to 18 inch).
For more information on Laufenn, please visit www.laufenn.com.
To read about the U.S. launch of Laufenn, see: SEMA Show, Day Two: Hankook launches Laufenn