Nominations are open for 2015 AIA awards
The People Awards honor the excellence of individuals in the import auto care industry. The awards include:
- Hall of Fame Award,
- AIA Lifetime Industry Achievement Award,
- Young Executive of the Year Award, and
- Peter Klotz AIA Person of the Year Award.
“Our annual awards program is a wonderful forum to recognize those individuals who have made great contributions to our industry," says Ira Davis, chairman of AIA. "We encourage nominations in any category for which you are aware of a deserving candidate.”
The People Awards will be presented at the AIA Luncheon and Awards Program on Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2015 during the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) in Las Vegas, Nev.
The nomination form includes the purpose and qualifications for each award, and a list of past recipients. The nomination deadline has been extended to Aug. 7, 2015. Click here for the 2015 AIA People Nomination forms, including past award winners. Click here for additional information.
The Import Product and Marketing Awards honor brands and companies for their programs for import nameplate cars or trucks, and is open to all Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) exhibitors.
This year’s awards include one new category:
- Best Social Media Campaign for Import Cars or Trucks Product and/or Brand Marketing.
Returning categories include:
- Best Overall Import Aftermarket Product or Product Line,
- Best New Product or Product Line for Import Cars or Trucks,
- Best Performance Product, Accessory or Functional Fluids for Import Cars or Trucks,
- Best New Tool for Repairs on Import Cars or Trucks,
- Best Problem-Solver for Import Cars or Trucks,
- Best Packaging of a Product for Import Cars or Trucks,
- Best Merchandising/Advertising of a Product for Import Cars or Trucks,
- Best Print or Electronic Catalog of a Product Line for Import Cars or Trucks, and
- Best Website Presentation of Product(s) for Import Cars or Trucks.
Entries will be displayed in the AIA showcase at AAPEX. In addition, winning entries are highlighted on the AIA website. Click here for the 2014 AIA Import Product Awards gallery.
The awards will be presented at a press conference at AAPEX on Tuesday, Nov. 3. Award winners receive a full-page post-AAPEX ImportCar ad, and will be recognized at the AIA Luncheon and Awards Program on Nov. 4.
Click here for the 2015 AIA Import Product and Marketing Awards entry form that includes judging criteria for each category. Entry forms received by Aug. 31 will enjoy the early-bird discount fees. For more information, click here.
Questions for either award can be emailed to Rosemary Perry at email@example.com.
For more information about the Auto Care Association visit www.autocare.org.