ConocoPhillips introduces full synthetic motor oil for 76 brand
ConocoPhillips Co. is getting ready to add 76 High Performance Full Synthetic SAE 0W-20 to its current engine oil offerings. According to the company, the new synthetic motor oil fulfills, and in some cases surpasses, the latest performance requirements of ILSAC GF-4 and API SM.
Clarence McCollum, director of automotive products for ConocoPhillips, says the oil is recommended for use in Asian OEM vehicles such as Honda and Toyota and certain other late-model import vehicles, including several gas-electric hybrids.
76 High Performance Full Synthetic 0W-20 offers the following performance benefits:
* improved fuel economy performance for vehicles where OEM's recommend 5W-20 engine oils;
* high resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown at high temperatures;
* protection against sludge and varnish formation;
* protection against rust and bearing corrosion;
* a reduction of oil consumption;
* wear protection; and
* improved low temperature flow capabilities versus 5W-20s and 5W-30s, which enable easier engine start up and faster oil circulation at low temperatures.
For more information on 76 High Performance Full Synthetic 0W-20 motor oil, visit lubricants.conocophillips.com.