OTC updates software, adds tech support
OTC, a Bosch Automotive Service Solutions brand, has introduced a lifetime warranty and technical support program called “Diagnostics for Life” and Bravo 2.0 software in North America for the Encore diagnostic tool.
OTC says the support program includes a lifetime warranty on hardware, expanded technical service hours and a software overhaul based on direct Encore owner feedback.
The Bravo 2.0 update is provided for every Encore owner with or without an active diagnostics subscription. Technicians will see a faster, more stable tool with additional vehicle coverage and a reduction in screen-to-screen waiting times, according to OTC.
Bravo 2.0 focuses on making the tool faster and easier to use while expanding coverage and capabilities. Major improvements can be found at OTCTools.com/diagnostics-for-life, and include:
* the first OTC scan tool with Bosch’s coverage database for European vehicles, focusing on Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Volvo;
* reduced wait on screen-to-screen time;
* faster, more stable operating system with expanded vehicle coverage and support
* AutoID vehicles in as little as two seconds with 99 percent VIN coverage on 2008 and newer vehicles;
* clearer user controls on available and unavailable features per vehicle;
* additional coverage for Audi, BMW/Mini, Chrysler/Jeep, Ford, GM, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo; and
* more complete vehicle and tool coverage along with extended-hours technical service.
“A diagnostic tool can be a technician’s lifeblood in fixing a vehicle, so it must have the most up-to-date coverage for any vehicle that rolls into the shop,” says Ed Lipscomb, OTC product manager. “With the Diagnostics for Life program, we’re offering technicians the ability to not only have the newest vehicle coverage, but to have the hardware warranted for the life of the tool, and backing it with technical service during the hours they work.”
Diagnostics for Life also encompasses expanded technical service hours. OTC has committed to making support available during the workweek, on nights and weekends, to help ensure that technicians have the information and support they need to fix customer cars.
The Diagnostics for Life program applies to existing and future purchasers of the Encore. To qualify for Diagnostics for Life, technicians must only maintain an active, uninterrupted diagnostics subscription with OTC.
The Bravo 2.0 software update includes:
* 9,058 new vehicle-ECU combinations;
* improved AutoID VIN success rate, rising from 87% to 99%;
* new special tests and systems coverage for Mercedes, BMW/Mini and Volvo; and
* additional coverage for domestic, Asian and European vehicles.
For more information on Diagnostics for Life and the OTC Encore and lifetime warranty, visit the company’s website.