Nokian unveils premium all-season tire
Nokian Tyres Inc. has introduced the eNtyre 2.0, a premium all-season touring tire for the North American market.
The company says the tire is designed to give drivers the ultimate in driving safety, comfort and performance in an environmentally friendly tire.
The eNtyre 2.0, the successor to the eNtyre, uses an inside/outside tread pattern, new groove designs, a modern silica compound, and noise dampening technologies to greatly improve dry road handling, aquaplaning properties, and wet grip without compromising winter grip, all while decreasing noise levels and increasing tread life.
The premium touring tire also has impressive low rolling resistance to save fuel and reduce carbon emissions, according to the company. In addition, the production process uses earth-friendly materials to help reduce the environmental impact of the tire.
The Nokian eNtyre 2.0 comes in 46 sizes, 11 completely new for 2015, from 15 inches to 19 inches and in speed ratings T (118-123 mph/190-199 kph), H (130-148 mph/210-239 kph), and V (149-167 mph/240-269 kph). The majority of sizes will be available for spring 2015.
Nokian says the tire features several innovations. They are:
1. High modulus tread compound delivers improved handling properties like that of an ultra-high performance tire without compromising durability or wet or snow grip.
2. Comfort base compound provides unbeatable comfort over bumps and road cracks while reducing the tire’s heat build-up and improving wear characteristics.
3. Polished lateral and inside grooves helps evacuate a greater volume of water and slush more effectively to reduce aquaplaning and slushplaning.
4. Silent sidewall technology absorbs noise waves and vibrations by using a unique compound on the wing area of the tire for a quieter noise level inside the car.
5. Silent groove design reduces the unpleasant whistling noise by swirling the air passing through the main grooves of the tire using small indentations on the walls of the grooves. This creates a more pleasant noise level inside the car. This also helps to cool the tire and reduce tire wear.
For more information, visit www.nokiantires.com.