Epicor's database surpasses 10 million
Epicor Software Corp.’s aftermarket electronic catalog has surpassed 10.7 million part numbers. The Epicor PartExpert automotive replacement parts database added more than 1 million numbers over the past year.
Encompassing nearly 2,800 aftermarket brands, the Epicor PartExpert database powers a broad portfolio of electronic research and selling tools used by thousands of replacement parts distributors, jobbers, retailers, and e-tail businesses, according to the company.
The data also is embedded within many of the automotive service industry’s most widely used shop management platforms.
“Electronic content now drives a vast majority of sales at every step of the aftermarket value chain,” says Scott Thompson, vice president, automotive, retail and distribution solutions for Epicor.
“Our continuing investment in expanded parts coverage plays an important role in helping Epicor customers outperform their competition at every point of sale.”
In addition to application-specific hard parts, the company says the Epicor PartExpert database includes thousands of popular non-application and universal products needed for a broad range of repairs and other jobs. These product listings are available in the Epicor ItemExpert eCatalog, one of several optional modules available within the Epicor PartExpert suite.
Other available modules include:
* Cover-to-Cover graphical eCatalog, featuring millions of detailed product images, technical bulletins and other information;
* BuyerAssist buyer’s guide, designed to help distributors make faster, smarter buying decisions;
* All Lines feature, a research tool offering access to product lines not carried by the user’s business; and
* InterChange, an OE-to-aftermarket and aftermarket-to-aftermarket cross-reference tool.
The company also recently added two optional database products designed to help resellers access critical information regarding OE parts:
1. PartExpert OE database offers one-click access to OE parts listings for many popular automotive applications.
2. OE for Parts Not Found feature enables users to identify the OE part number for applications for which no equivalent aftermarket part is readily available.
“Each of these tools helps increase the user’s ability to tell their customer that, ‘Yes, I have it’ or ‘Yes, I can get it’,” says Thompson. “By investing in the best electronic research tools, distributors and jobbers can say ‘Yes’ much more often, which directly impacts sales and profitability.”
To learn more about the Epicor PartExpert suite of eCatalog products, contact an Epicor representative, call Epicor toll-free at 888-463-4700, or email email@example.com.
Epicor’s headquarters are located in Austin, Texas, and the company has offices and affiliates worldwide. For more information, visit www.epicor.com.