Record attendance at Goodyear Dealer Meeting
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is hosting its largest North American tire dealer meeting ever Jan. 25-27, 2015, in Grapevine, Texas. Here is a sneak peek at what to expect.
1. Attendance is 2,140 people. That includes Modern Tire Dealer Editor Bob Ulrich.
2. There will be new consumer and commercial products introduced on Jan. 26, says a Goodyear spokesperson. (Check back on Jan. 26 for updates.)
3. Ryan Patterson, president of the North American Consumer Tire business unit, says Goodyear's advertising strategy will be revealed.
4. Two of the dealer-specific business sessions will address "How to Make Sure your Business is Found Online" (Google) and "Selling Tires to Today's Female Shopper" (Real Simple magazine), respectively. There also will be an indepth look at economic indicators.
5. Goodyear Chairman, CEO and President Rich Kramer will speak to the attendees on Tuesday, Jan. 27.
6. The trade show floor will include a digital hub designed to encourage dealer interaction (with the help of the iPass reward point program), tweeting and selfies.
On the Sunday prior to the opening general session, Goodyear recognized the Benson Group of Cornwall, Ontario, Canada, and owner Marty Benson for their charitable community involvement.
Benson received the 2015 Put More Good On The Road Award for his efforts. The honor includes a crystal plaque and a check for $10,000 to be presented to his charity of his choice -- the Monsignor Rudy Villeneuve Foundation, which provides annual scholarships for students to pursue post-secondary education.
Check out additional news from the Goodyear dealer meeting: