Yokohama adds to AVID line
Yokohama Tire Corp. has added another tire to its AVID line, the AVID Touring-S. It will be available throughout the United States this fall in 19 sizes.
According to Dan King, Yokohama vice president of sales, the AVID Touring-S targets a wide range of cars, SUVs and minivans, including the Ford Focus, Mitsubishi Lancer, Nissan Altima, Honda CRV, Chevy Uplander, Dodge Caravan and Toyota Sienna.
The tire's elements include:
* a "twin stability rib" for better handling and reduced noise.
* sidewall construction that utilizes a hard rubber insert to help absorb bumps and vibrations.
* tapered rain channels that accelerate water into the outer grooves for optimal wet traction.
* special "cross traction sipes" that improve handling in adverse conditions.
* a "tri-plex" compound for increased tread life and traction on slick surfaces.
"The hallmark of a great tire is the technology that goes in before the tire is made," says King.