ConocoPhillips releases premium heavy-duty engine oil
ConocoPhillips Co. has introduced Triton ECT 5W40 Full Synthetic, a premium tier API CJ-4 diesel engine oil.
It is made from high-quality synthetic stocks and a state-of-the-art advanced additive for use by customers who want enhanced engine performance from equipment operating in a wide range of temperature and service conditions, the company says.
This new heavy-duty engine oil is designed for lubrication of modern low-emissions diesel engines with after-treatment devices and can be used in older engines specifying the previous categories of engine oils.
Triton ECT 5W40 Full Synthetic will be available to ConocoPhillips Lubricants customers who buy products under the Conoco, Phillips 66 and 76 Lubricants brands, according to Reginald Dias, director, commercial products.
Dias says, “Triton ECT 5W40 Full Synthetic has the potential to improve fuel economy relative to a 15W40 oil, benefiting customers through reduced fuel usage."
Triton ECT 5W40 Full Synthetic meets lubrication requirements of engines compliant with 2007 low emissions regulations and meets heavy-duty engine oil specifications for Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Mack and Volvo.
It provides the following performance benefits:
* Improved soot handling: helps prevent oil thickening and reduces filter blockage and deposits.
* Increased oxidation stability: maintains oil quality by resisting oxidative breakdown.
* Better low temperature viscometrics: ensures rapid oil flow for proper lubrication at low temperatures and prevents wear at start-up.
* Low lead corrosion: prolongs bearing life by prevention of lead corrosion.
* Wear protection: reduces wear on critical parts and extends equipment life.
Triton ECT 5W40 Full Synthetic is the latest addition to ConocoPhillips’ existing API CJ-4 heavy-duty engine oil products line, and is available now in bulk and drums.