Tire Industry Association fills 10 full-term seats on its board of directors
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has filled 13 seats on its board of directors following board elections. They were divided as follows: 10 three-year terms, one two-year term and two one-year terms.
* Gary Albright, Becker Tire & Treading Inc., Great Bend, Kan.
* Michael Baggett, Yokohama Tire OTR Division, Santa Rosa, Fla.
* Mike Berra, Community Tire Retreading, Maryland Heights, Mo.
* Larry Brandt, MSB Tires LLC, Port St. Lucie, Fla.
* Randall Groh, U.S. Oil Co. Inc., Combined Locks, Wis.
* Bob Katz, Nu-Tread Tire & Auto Service Center, East Boston, Mass.
* James Raben, Raben Tire Co. Inc., Evansville, Ind.
* Warren Secord, Warren Secord Tire Factory, Kent, Wash.
* Doug Swanson, Modern Auto Care Inc. Eden Prairie, Minn.
* Stu Zurcher, Transwheel Corp., Huntington, Ind.
* Mike Wolfe, Southeastern Wholesale Tire Co., Raleigh, N.C. (Wolfe fills the two-year vacancy created by the resignation of Steve Craven of Craven Tire & Auto in Fairfax, Va.)
* Robert Ross, Hercules Tire Co. of Canada, Ontario, Canada. (Ross fills the term created by the resignation of Barbara Briggs of Briggs & Sons Tire, Fayetteville, N.C.)
* Jim Short, Radial Tire and Bandag, Jasper, Ala. (Short fills the one-year vacancy created by Wayne Croswell's election to the position of secretary.)
Both Craven and Briggs sold their tire dealerships to Monro Muffler Brake Inc. in July. They will complete their service to the organization.
The new board will take over on Monday, Oct. 29, 2007, during the TIA Annual Meeting.