A commercial first: the Hercules all-steel LT tire
Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. has added the Hercules H-901 light truck tire to its H-Series line of truck tires. It is the company’s first all-steel commercial light truck tire.
The H-901 is available in size LT235/85R16/14 126/123 L. It is suitable for vehicles that require heavy load capacities or operate in conditions that demand a heavy-duty, puncture-resistant tire.
“This is a tire that appeals to a diverse population because it offers better load carrying capability for hauling as well as the heavy-duty construction necessary for many agricultural and industrial applications,” says Joshua Simpson, vice president of marketing.
The Hercules H-901 features the following:
* durable all-steel construction, which distributes the forces of acceleration, cornering and braking for longer wear;
* a tread design with biting edges for better grip, plus a highly-effective footprint that evenly distributes load pressure;
* active sipes for improved traction;
* super high tensile steel belts for durability;
* a strong casing that gives stability and strength for applications with demanding loads.
Hercules, which introduced the tire at the 2013 SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show, describes the H-901 as "a value tire that performs year-round on the road or in the field."