SEMA Show, Day Three: 2-for-1 from Landsail
Two tires, one tread pattern. Sentury Tire Americas introduced two Landsail tires at the 2013 Global Tire Expo in Las Vegas.
The four-day Global Tire Expo, which is part of the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show, runs through Nov. 8.
The Landsail LS588 UHP and LS588 SUV share a tread pattern that features 3-D zigzag sipes. The sipes help the tire maintain block rigidity by locking together, which, in turn, creates more biting edges for enhanced wet, snow and ice traction in winter conditions.
The tires also feature the following:
* a silica formula for grip and low rolling resistance;
* four-wide main grooves designed to evacuate water;
* large outside blocks for dry traction and handling;
* additional sipes and grooves for hydroplaning resistance and all-season performance;
* advanced shoulder design that reduces wind resistance and dissipates heat.
* low noise characteristics that meet European labeling standards.
What are the differences between the tires? According to Max Wee, director of sales, the construction is more robust for the LS588 SUV tire. The tires also have different size lineups.
1. LS588 UHP: The all-season ultra-high performance tire is available in 39 sizes ranging from 215/60R16 95V to 285/25ZR22 99W XL.
2. LS588 SUV: The CUV/SUV tire is available in 39 sizes ranging from 225/65R17 102H to 275/25R26 98W XL.
Plans for 2014 include cross-over and SUV tires for Delinte (between the third and fourth quarter); the Delinte D9 Mud Challenger (between the third and fourth quarter); and Delinte and Landsail run-flat tires (between the first and second quarters).
Sentury Tire Americas is a division of Qingdao Sentury Tire Co. Ltd. It recently changed its name from Sentaida International Inc.