Goodyear launches Smart Fleet program
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. says that through its Smart Fleet program, owner-operators through mid-size fleets now have full access to many of the advantages that larger trucking fleets enjoy.
“The new Goodyear Smart Fleet program has been designed for customers who want ‘the best of the best’ and gives owner-operators through mid-size fleets access to benefits that up until now were reserved for Goodyear national account fleets,” says Jose Martinez, business solutions manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems.
Owner-operators and fleets that join the Goodyear Smart Fleet program will enjoy:
- Access to premium Goodyear branded truck tires and technologies, including Fuel Max Technology, which incorporates fuel-saving compounds and construction to help promote energy efficiency; DuraSeal Technology, the industry’s only self-sealing tire technology;
- Online, published pricing on new tires, retreads and services, which will be honored by participating, authorized Goodyear commercial tire dealerships;
- The 24/7 roadside service program, offered through the Goodyear-FleetHQ suite of business solutions.
- Customized tire performance and service activity reporting, “which helps fleets manage their tire investment more effectively.”
- Tools to help fleets lower their operating costs and improve their results.
“On average, Goodyear-FleetHQ gets trucks up and running in two hours and 11 minutes,” notes Martinez. “In addition, Smart Fleet members will not have to pay a dispatch fee for road service calls, which can add up to significant savings.
“All prices will be published at national account rates, which eliminates uncertainty around price. Smart Fleet members will receive the same pricing at any participating Goodyear commercial tire dealership nationwide, so there are no pricing surprises, whether on the road or at home.”
Smart Fleet members also will have the ability to streamline the scheduling of tire and service appointments by providing relevant information online, ahead of time.
Members of Goodyear’s extensive commercial tire and service network, which encompasses more than 2,200 locations nationwide, are ready to assist Smart Fleet members with the products and services they need to keep their trucks up and running.
To sign up for the new Goodyear Smart Fleet program, go to www.goodyeartrucktires.com/smartfleet, click on the “Join Now” button, click on “Apply Now,” and fill out and submit an easy-to-complete application form.