Can passenger tire retreading make a comeback? Listen to Brodsky at ITEC
Harvey Brodsky, managing director of the Tire Retread and Repair Information Bureau (TRIB), will speak about passenger retreading at the upcoming 2008 International Tire Exhibition & Conference (ITEC) in Akron, Ohio, in September.
The title of Brodsky’s presentation will be "Passenger Retreading: Time for a Rebirth?" A partial list of the subjects Brodsky will cover include the following topics:
* Is there a real market for passenger retreads?
* How large could the market be?
* Are there sufficient suitable casings available to sustain the market?
* Bead to bead or top cap?
* The green movement, and how it can play an important role in the resurgence of passenger retreading, especially by public sector fleets.
* Would the payback make an investment worthwhile for a retreader?
* How would the new tire industry react to a movement to bring back passenger retreading?