Snap-on introduces new tire changer
Snap-on Tools, a subsidiary of Snap-on Inc., has introduced a tire changer with a two-speed turntable that offers a forward speed of 14 rpm to provide faster throughput when mounting the initial bead.
The company says the new Two-Speed Tilt-Back Tire Changer (EEWH326A) is simple to use and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to dismount and mount tires. “Ideal for servicing wheels and tires on original equipment cars and light trucks, this versatile tire changer speeds up the tire mounting process and makes short work of changing tires,” says Mike DeKeuster, category manager for Snap-on.
“The laser guided mount/dismount head, which helps prevent contact with the rim and speeds up the alignment process, provides the technician with an added level of precision. Other distinctive features, like the tilt-back design and three-position bead breaker, make it a valuable addition to any service bay.”
The company says the advantages of the new product include:
* tilt-back design speeds set up and allows for a 15-inch tire and rim clearance;
* two-speed turntable offers a forward speed of 14 rpm to provide faster throughput when mounting initial bead and 7 rpm for precise speed control;
* turntable is reversible in the event the mount/dismount head jams during the mounting process;
* turntable is capable of clamping rims on the outside up to 28 inches;
* integrated laser guided mount/dismount head precisely locates the edge of the wheel, minimizing damage;
* three-position bead breaker covers applications with taller sidewalls such as SUVs and light trucks;
* pneumatic bead assist aids user when mounting low-profile tires with stiff sidewalls;
* high-torque, one-horsepower turntable motor provides 885 lb-ft of torque to minimize turntable stalling;
* plastic protection on mount/dismount head and clamping jaws prevents accidental rim damage;
* bead seating jets are integrated into clamping jaws, forcing additional air into tire during inflation;
* surge tank delivers additional air during the bead seating process;
* air lubricator and regulator supports corrosion protection for rust-proof air cylinders and valves; and
* dual-clamping cylinders provide even clamping force on jaws to reduce wheel slippage.
For more information, visit www.snapon.com/shoptools or call 877-SNAPON-4 (877-762-7664).