Hercules recalls 7 All Trac A/T sizes
Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling certain All Trac A/T 10-ply, Load Range E tires. The number of tires affected by the recall has yet to be determined, according to the company.
These tires can experience in-service belt and tread separations. "Should a separation occur, the driver could lose control of the vehicle without warning, which could increase the risk of a vehicle crash," says the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Office of Defects Investigation.
The affected tires, manufactured in China by Shandong Yongsheng Rubber Group Co. Ltd., are as follows:
1. LT215/85R16 115/112S, DOT Serial Numbers JEHMECL5008-4010;
2. LT235/85R16 120/116S, DOT Serial Numbers JEKMECL4708-4010;
3. LT245/75R16 120/116S DOT Serial Numbers JEJKECL4608-4010;
4. LT265/75R16 123/120S, DOT Serial Numbers JENKECL4808-4010;
5. LT265/70R17 121/118S, DOT Serial Numbers JENJFCL5108-4010;
6. LT245/75R17 121/118S, DOT Serial Numbers JELKFCL5008-4010; and
7. LT225/75R16 115/112S, DOT Serial Numbers JEJKECL5108-4010.
Hercules says it will notify owners and replace the affected tires free of charge; that includes mounting and balancing. The recall is expected to begin during February 2013.
For more information, owners may contact Hercules by telephone at (888) 965-5795 or (419) 425-6400, or by email at alltracresponse@HerculesTire.com. Hercules' recall campaign number is 01-2013.
For more information on this particular recall, click on 13T002.