Schedule set for TIA's OTR Tire Conference 2010
The schedule has been set for the Tire Industry Association's (TIA) 2010 Off-the-Road Tire Conference to be held Feb. 17 - 20 in Tucson, Ariz. The program includes business sessions, presentations and networking opportunities and more.
Conference headquarters is The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa in Tucson, (800) 937-8461. Conference attendees should mention the event when making reservations to get the conference room rate, TIA notes.
The conference schedule includes:
Thursday, Feb. 18
* Morning breakfast featuring tabletop displays.
* Opening remarks by TIA President Wayne Croswell; Dr. Roy Littlefield, TIA executive vice president; and Robert Foord, TIA OTR group chairman and vice president, mining and commercial sales, Kal Tire.
* Comments by George Bishop, consultant, Truflex/Pang -- Tech.
* Safety Tip by Tom Klinge, president, Klinge Tyre Management Systems.
* OTR Conference 2010 by Tom Formanek, TIA events chair and manager, tire service products, Stellar Industries.
* 2009 U.S. Industry OTR Tire Production Numbers, OE and Replacement, presented by Angie Jones, general manager, marketing, Bridgestone Americas, Off-Road Tires.
* MSHA Technician Certification Update presented by Kevin Rohlwing, TIA senior vice president of training.
* Tire Manufacturers Panel moderated by Marvin Bozarth, TIA senior technical consultant. The panel includes Roger Lucas, vice president earthmover division, Michelin North America; Nelson Richards, national sales manager, Yokohama Tire Corp.; Shawn Rasey, president, Bridgestone Americas, Off-Road Tires; Paul Hawkins, vice president, OTR sales, Titan Tire; and Rongsheng Sheng, general manager, Techking Tires Ltd.
Friday, Feb. 19
* Opening remarks by Robert Foord.
* Safety Tip by Tom Klinge.
* Keynote Presentation -- A Global Look at the OTR Industry by Roger Lucas, vice president earthmover division, Michelin North America.
* Caterpillar Presentations, Demonstrations, Mine Tour.
Saturday, Feb. 20
* Safety Tip by Tom Klinge.
* TIA OTR Group Business Session by Robert Foord and Mike Baggett, eastern OTR products manager, Yokohama Tire Corp.
* Shearography Inspection of Off-the-Road Tire Casings by Mike Berra Jr., vice president, Community Tire Retreading.
* China OTR Industry Update by Rongsheng Sheng.
* Building and Leading a World Class Sales Organization by Mike Russell, national account executive, Association Risk Management Services, Federated Insurance Companies.
* Preserving the American Dream – Keeping the Family Business Alive by Mike Russell.
* Closing Remarks by Robert Foord.
The conference also includes a golf tournament at the La Paloma Golf & Country Club, receptions, a gala dinner, cash giveaways and a spouse’s program.
For more information, visit TIA’s Web site at www.tireindustry.org.