Goodyear re-elects 11 board members
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. shareholders re-elected 11 members of its board of directors earlier today, April 8, at the company's annual shareholders meeting.
* James Boland, retired vice chairman, Cavaliers Operating Co. LLC.
* James Firestone, president, Xerox North America.
* Robert Keegan, chairman, chief executive officer and president, Goodyear.
* W. Alan McCollough, retired chairman and chief executive officer, Circuit City Stores Inc.
* Steven Minter, retired president and executive director, The Cleveland Foundation.
* Denise Morrison, senior vice president and president, North America Soup, Sauces and Beverages, Campbell Soup Co.
* Rodney O'Neal, chief executive officer and president, Delphi Corp.
* Shirley Peterson, retired partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP.
* G. Craig Sullivan, retired chairman and chief executive officer, The Clorox Co.
* Thomas Weidemeyer, retired senior vice president and chief operating officer, United Parcel Service, Inc.
* Michael Wessel, president, The Wessel Group Inc.
John Breen, retired chairman, The Sherwin-Williams Co., and William Hudson Jr., retired president and chief operating officer, AMP Inc., did not stand for re-election. They have retired from Goodyear's board.
Also during the meeting, proposals to adopt the company's 2008 Performance Plan and Management Incentive Plan were approved by shareholders.
The appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for 2008 also was approved by shareholders.