SEMA Show Preview: Hercules introduces new tires, adds sizes
Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. unveiled two new tires and a number of size additions to existing products earlier today, Oct. 30, at its dealer meeting in Las Vegas, Nev.
New from Hercules is the Hercules Trail Digger M/T light truck tire for off-road applications. The tire is available in five sizes: 31x10.50R15, 30x9.50R15, 33x12.50R15, 35x12.50R17 and 33x12.50R17.
Also new is the Hercules Terra Trac HT, which will be available during the first quarter of 2007 in 13 sizes. "Everything should be in inventory by March," say Hercules officials.
Several existing Hercules tires are slated for new sizes. They include:
* five new sizes for the Terra Trac A/T;
* three new sizes for the Terra Trac SUV;
* one new size (225/60R18) for the Hercules Avalanche winter tire;
* one new size (P275/60R17) for the Hercules H/P 4000 high performance tire;
The following tires also will receive new sizes:
* the Hercules MR IV passenger tire (six new sizes during the second quarter of 2007);
* the Hercules MR IV SUV tire (13 sizes). The MR IV SUV targets crossover vehicles, say Hercules officials;
* the Hercules S-305 (two sizes during 2Q 2007);
* the Hercules S-205 (five new sizes);
* the Hercules S-209 (one new size: 265/70R19.5);
* the Hercules S-201 (one new size: 11R24.5);
* the Hercules S-2-2 (two new sizes).
Hercules officials also announced that production on the Merit Mystic Touring CR tire will begin during the first quarter of 2007. The tire will be available in T, H and V speed ratings, in sizes ranging from 15 inches to 17 inches in diameter.