Change is constant at top commercial dealerships
A number of the country's leading independent commercial tire dealerships have made significant changes at their operations within the last 12 months.
Among them are:
* Deland, Fla.-based Boulevard Tire Center, which increased its number of commercial-only locations from 14 to 15 and added one combination commercial/retail outlet;
* Verona, Va.-based Central Tire Corp., which engaged in a substantial expansion of its Acutread retread capacity;
* Hermitage, Pa.-based Flynn's Tire & Auto Service, which has split up its commercial and retail tire business. The company now operates its commercial business under the new banner of Flynn's Commercial Tire;
* Great Western Tire of Rapid City, S.D., which added new equipment;
* McGriff Tire Co. Inc. of Cullman, Ala., which added a Bandag plant and also added locations in Oxford and Tuscaloosa, Ala.;
* Bethlehem, Pa.-based Service Tire Truck Centers, which converted its three Bandag plants to Michelin Retread Technologies Inc.