Mitchell 1 updates ASE Test Preparation Guide for upcoming tests
In preparation for the fall ASE exams, Mitchell 1 has updated its "L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist" guide to include the latest composite vehicle (Type 3) configuration, which represents a generic vehicle powertrain control system, according to ASE.
The next ASE test will be administered Nov. 9, 14 and 16 at various test locations across the country. (For test sites and information, consult the ASE Web site at www.asecert.org or call for forms and information at 877-ASE-TECH.)
The complete 2006 ASE Test Preparation Series is a comprehensive, 12-manual automotive series that includes a variety of sample tests and multiple automotive repair illustrations. The guides are available individually or in sets.
Product features include the following:
* an easily readable 8.5- by 11-inch workbook format;
* divided sections for each test task;
* in-depth educational overviews on each test subject;
* comprehensive sample tests for practice; and
* additional sample questions with explanations.
All the basics in automotive repair technology are examined in the series and cover the following topics:
1. Engine Repair.
2. Automatic Transmission/Transaxle.
3. Manual Drive Train & Axles.
4. Suspension & Steering.
6. Electrical/Electronic Systems.
7. Heating & Air Conditioning.
8. Engine Performance.
9. Advanced Engine Performance.
10. Automobile Parts Specialist.
11. Exhaust Systems.
12. Service Consultant.
All applicants must have their registration into ASE by Sept. 30, 2006.
ASE test candidates are invited to log onto Mitchell 1's ASE test preparation Web site at www.ASETestPreparation.com to obtain a comprehensive overview of ASE Testing procedures, test-taking tips, and sample test questions. In addition, test applicants can purchase ASE test prep guides via the Mitchell 1 Web site at www.mitchell1.com.