Michelin offers OTR tire safety training program
Michelin Earthmover Tires, a division of Michelin North America Inc., is launching its safety training program in all of its market segments.
First introduced in 2004, the program is designed to explain best safety practices to managers, maintenance personnel, equipment operators and support staff in the mining and construction industries. Businesses running ports and terminals also are being targeted.
The program can be delivered by Michelin Earthmover field sales team members, the safety team at the business site, or by an authorized Michelin dealer.
The Earthmover Tire Safety Program is made up of 12 one-hour modules. They are:
1. Safety and Tire Management.
2. Personal Tire Safety.
3. Tire Selection and Limits.
4. Delivery, Storage and Handling of Earthmover Tires.
5. Safety Around Rim and Wheel Components.
6. Mounting, Inflation and Demounting.
7. Haul and TMPH (TKPH).
8. Tire Technology.
9. Tire Inspection and Damage Assessment.
10. Tire Shop Work Environment.
11. Tire Repair.
12. Nitrogen Inflation and Tire Fires.
"This program will give personnel at all levels the knowledge and tools needed to create a safer work environment, which will also help reduce costly repairs and machinery downtime," says John Funke, director of marketing, Michelin Earthmover Tires.
The course is designed to fit in with their hectic schedules, he adds.