Yokohama will offer the new Advan Sport in Feb.
The Yokohama Advan Sport V105 is coming to the replacement market. Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. says that it will release the successor to its Advan Sport V103 in February 2013.
An original equipment version of the tire, the Advan Sport V105 MO, was developed jointly by Yokohama and Daimler AG. The "MO" mark on the side of each tire signifies approval by Daimler.
Designed for high-powered, premium sports cars, the new V105 will be available in 36 sizes from 205/55R16 91V MO to 255/30ZR20 92Y (10 of the sizes are OE sizes). Yokohama says it will gradually expand the range of available sizes.
1. Structure. Compared to the V103, the V105 has improved steering stability, thanks to a new "Matrix Body Ply Structure" that employs technology fostered through the company's participation in motorsports around the world. In addition, weight was reduced while rigidity was maintained, producing more agile handling and a more comfortable ride.
2. Tread pattern and compound. Synergistic effects among the special asymmetrical, non-directional tread pattern (inside equals enhanced performance on wet surfaces, outside equals the same on dry surfaces); a new compound created to provide exceptional grip; and a new "Mound Profile" that is engineered to precisely control block ground contact pressure yield even stronger dry and wet grip.
Asymmetrical pitch variations applied to the inside and outside of the tread pattern lead to a quiet ride, adds Yokohama.
Mercedes-Benz models with 105V MO fitments include the following:
* A-Class and B-Class (225/45R17 91W).
* SL-Class (255/40R18 95Y for the front and 285/35R18 97Y for the rear).
* SLK-Class (six sizes) and CLS-Class.
The tire also is OE on the Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake in two sizes: 255/40R18 99Y for the front and 285/35R18 97Y for the rear.