Continental sponsors a major soccer event
Continental will be the official tire of the 2012 Herbalife World Football Challenge. The sponsorship increases Continental Tire the Americas LLC's presence in professional soccer; the company also sponsors Major League Soccer (MLS).
"Continental Tire has been a long-time supporter of the sport of soccer, including FIFA World Cup Soccer and MLS, so the addition of the World Football Challenge is a great way for us to increase our presence in the marketplace," says Travis Roffler, director of marketing.
"Our MLS sponsorship has... enabled us to reach a broad audience with our complete line of tires for all vehicles. We feel the World Football Challenge is one more way to get in front of this very loyal audience and introduce them to our technology and performance driven products."
Under the agreement, Continental Tire will receive the following at all the 2012 Herbalife World Football Challenge games:
* field board signage,
* end board signage,
* in-stadium media,
* hospitality, and
* category exclusivity.
The Herbalife World Football Challenge brings together many of the world's most accomplished and celebrated soccer clubs to play in major sports venues across the United States and Canada. Now in its third year, the event is hosted by CAA Sports, a division of Creative Artists Agency, and MLS. Last year, more than half a million fans attended the games.
The following overseas clubs have confirmed they will participate in this year's competition: the Champions League winners Chelsea FC, La Liga champion Real Madrid, Scottish Premier League title holder Celtic FC, Mexico's Primera Division champion Santos Laguna and European powerhouses Liverpool FC, Paris Saint-Germain and AC Milan.
The MLS teams participating are current champion LA Galaxy, four-time MLS Cup champion D.C. United, and three-time defending U.S. Open Cup champion Seattle Sounders FC. Four-time defending Canadian championship winner Toronto FC also will compete.
The games will take place across North America from July 18 through August 11. Here is the tentative 2012 schedule.
* July 18: Chelsea FC vs. Seattle Sounders at Centurylink Field, Seattle, Wash.
* July 21: Liverpool vs. Toronto FC at Rogers Centre, Toronto, Ontario.
* July 22: Chelsea FC vs. Paris Saint-German at Yankee Stadium, New York City, New York.
* July 28: Chelsea FC vs. AC Milan at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Fla.
* July 28: D.C. United vs. to be announced at RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
* Aug. 2: Real Madrid vs. LA Galaxy at the Home Depot Center, Carson, Calif.
* Aug. 5: Real Madrid vs. to be announced at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, Nev.
* Aug. 8: Real Madrid vs. AC Milan at Yankee Stadium, New York City.
* Aug. 11: Real Madrid vs. Celtic FC at Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, Pa.
For more information about the event, or Continental's complete line of passenger and light truck tires, visit www.conti-online.com.