Michelin will raise ag tire prices up to 6%
Effective May 1, 2012, Michelin North America Inc. is increasing prices up to 6% on Michelin compact and agricultural tires sold in the United States and Canada.
Michelin is the latest tire manufacturer or marketer to implement or announce price increases in 2012.
* Toyo Tire Canada Inc. will increase prices on the Toyo winter passenger and winter light truck tires up to 3.5% effective April 1st, 2012.
*Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. raised prices on all its consumer tire brands effective April 1. Prices in the U.S. and Canada were raised up to 6%.
* Yokohama Tire Corp. increased prices by up to 8% on all of its consumer tires sold in the U.S. on March 1.
* Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp. increased prices on passenger, light truck and commercial truck tires to a weighted average of 6% on Jan. 1.
* Falken Tire Corp. raised prices on Falken and Ohtsu brand passenger and light truck tires up to 5% -- with some inline adjustments -- on Jan. 1.
* China Manufacturers Alliance LLC (CMA) raised prices on Double Coin radial truck and OTR tires on April 1. The increases were up to 5%, with some in-line changes.
* Goodyear increased commercial tire prices in the U.S. up to 6% on April 1.
* Continental Tire the Americas LLC (CTA) raised prices on all Continental, General and Ameri*Steel brand commercial truck tires up to 9% on Feb. 15. The increase affected all replacement sales channels in the U.S.
* Yokohama implemented a price increase of up to 8% on all of its commercial truck tires in the U.S., effective Feb. 1. The company also raised prices on its OTR tires up to 15% effective Jan. 1.
* Bridgestone Americas Commercial Solutions, a business unit of Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations LLC, also raised prices on its OTR tires effective Jan. 1. The 15% price increase applied to Bridgestone, Firestone and Continuum off-road tire products and Continuum pre-cure tread rubber and related retreading materials.
* Continental Tire Canada raised prices on all Continental, General and Ameri*Steel brand replacement truck tires up to 9% on April 1, 2012.
* Bridgestone Americas raised prices effective Jan. 1. The 10% price increase applied to Bridgestone, Firestone and Continuum off-road tire products and Continuum pre-cure tread rubber and related retreading materials.