Goodyear Farm Tires Earn Spot on 2021 John Deere 8R-Series
The three largest John Deere 8R-Series MFWD tractors — the 8R 340, 8R 370, and 8R 410 — can now be ordered with Goodyear Super Single Low Sidewall (LSW) Technology tires.
The Goodyear tires are available on 2021 model years of John Deere tractors equipped with Independent Link Suspension.
The combination of Goodyear Optitrac LSW1000/40R32 front tires and LSW1100/45R46 rear tires will bring proven performance from the aftermarket to the original equipment fitment, Titan International Inc. says.
The tires offer "significant traction, flotation and ride quality benefits over a traditional row crop dual setup — all at a comparable price to duals."
“This flotation LSW setup has been incredibly popular for years in the aftermarket with growers running John Deere MFWD tractors — and we’re happy that the demand from growers and years of extensive field testing have led to John Deere making this in-demand setup available direct from the factory,” says Scott Sloan, agricultural product manager for Titan and Goodyear Farm Tires. “More than half of growers rarely need to run their tractors between the rows post-emergence, and for them — this LSW Super Single setup should be the clear choice to help reduce soil compaction, increase yield and improve performance in any field conditions.”
The Duals v. Super Singles Argument
A common traditional row crop setup on John Deere MFWD tractors would be 380/80R38 dual fronts and 480/80R50 dual rears — resulting in a total contact area 2,368 inches. By switching to the newly available Goodyear LSW Super Single setup, the result is a total contact area of 3,644 inches.
Titan says the switch to super singles results in:
- 53% improvement in total contact area — providing superior flotation thanks to the weight of the tractor being spread over a larger footprint; and
- 6-inch reduction in overall roading width — allowing for easier transport and improved turn radius.
All radial Goodyear Farm Tires — including the Super Single LSW tires available from John Deere — now come with a warranty that includes:
- 10-year coverage for tire workmanship and material with prorated refund based on years in service and percentage wear;
- two-year, no-cost replacement as part of the workmanship and materials coverage when the tire is less than 25% worn (mounting and service included);
- New two-year field hazard protection plan; and
- three-year stubble damage protection plan.
Certain exclusions apply.