Michelin Media Campaign Celebrates Holiday Heroes
For the second year in a row, Michelin North America Inc. is celebrating the efforts of millions of transportation industry workers who keep the holidays moving through a social and digital media appreciation campaign, #KeepThanksMoving.
As part of the campaign, Michelin encourages people to share their appreciation either by Twitter via the hashtag #KeepThanksMoving and or by posting on the MichelinUSA Facebook page, to recognize an outstanding individual’s service and dedication.
“Michelin applauds the commitment of individuals in the transportation industry in the air, on our roads, and across the farms and fields of America who deliver when it matters most,” says Ralph Dimenna, chief operating officer of Michelin Americas Truck Tires Inc. “These unsung heroes enable us to travel home, transport our food and gifts, and keep our economy moving, not to mention the millions of miles driven by shoppers and travelers during the holidays and throughout the year.”
Michelin says heroes in the transportation industry include:
* Airport workers, who will enable more than 27 million people to fly on U.S. airlines over a 12-day period around Thanksgiving 2016 alone.
* Truck drivers, numbering more than 3.6 million, who will transport nearly 70% of all the freight tonnage in the U.S. this holiday season.
* Farmers, each of whom supplies food for 144 people in the U.S. and abroad each year.
* Miners who extract nearly 100 different kinds of minerals from the earth and provide the raw materials for heat, electricity, roads and bridges, and countless consumer products.
* Parcel delivery workers, who will deliver nearly 20 billion packages, letters and gifts during the 2016 holiday season.
* Snow plow drivers who enable drivers to get to their destinations safely during inclement weather events.
* Construction workers who provide our buildings, roads and infrastructure
Each week now through Dec. 31, 2016, Michelin will recognize individuals in the transportation and travel industries who demonstrate outstanding commitment to keep the holidays moving by the posts received on its social media channels mentioned above. Michelin will randomly select seven individuals, who are honored as holiday heroes via social media posts. Each person will receive a limited edition Michelin themed gourmet gift box from Try the World, an online gourmet store.
The Michelin themed Try the World gift box features a selection of eight culinary items from across the globe selected by Thomas Raquel, pastry chef at the world-famous Michelin three-star restaurant, Le Bernadin in New York.
Participants can also download a “Thank you” card from Michelinmedia.com to demonstrate gratitude toward community heroes who keep the holidays moving forward.
Official contest rules are posted on www.Michelinmedia.com.