New GT Radial Commercial Truck Tire Lines Hit the Market
Giti Tire (USA) Ltd. has launched two new commercial truck tire lines, Cross Regional and Cross Urban, under the GT Radial brand. The tires are designed "for fleets that perform a combination of long-haul, regional and urban runs," according to company officials.
Products in the Cross Regional line include:
- GSR135FE steer/all position tire in the 11R22.5 16PR, 295/75R22.5 16PR, 255/70R22.5 16PR, 11R24.5 16 PR, and 285/75R24.5 16PR sizes
- GDR33FE closed shoulder drive tire in the 11R22.5 16PR, 295/75R22.5 16PR, 11R24.5 16 PR, and 285/75R24.5 16PR sizes
- GDR688 open shoulder drive tire in 11R22.5 16PR, 295/75R22.5 16PR, 1124.5 16PR and 285/75R24.5 16PR sizes
- GTR750 FE trailer tire in the 11R22.5 16PR, 295/75R22.5 16PR, 11R24.5 16 PR, and 285/75R24.5 16PR sizes
- GTR955 trailer tire in the 215/75R17.5 16 PR and 235/75R17.5 16 PR sizes
Products in the Cross Urban portfolio include:
- GSR139 all position tire in 225/70R19.5 14PR and 245/70R19.5 16PR sizes
- GDR339 drive position tire in 225/70R19.5 14PR and 245/70R19.5 16PR sizes
- GAM535 all position tire in 11R22.5 16 PR and 11R24.5 16PR sizes
- GAM876 all position tire in 385/65R22.5 18PR and 425/65R22.5 20PR sizes
GT Radial Cross Regional tires are SmartWay-verified and target long-haul and regional operations. GT Radial Cross Urban products are designed for mixed regional and urban operations and feature high-traction tread patterns, plus sidewall construction and compounding designed to combat scrubbing.
“GT Radial branding for our commercial truck tires aligns with naming of our extensive passenger and light truck tire products produced in both the U.S. and Indonesia," said Armand Allaire, executive vice president of commercial tire sales for Giti. "Together, this orientation will boost brand recognition for all our products,”
GT Radial commercial truck tires are manufactured in the company’s Indonesia factory. "They are developed for U.S. roads and highways through a collaborative effort of Giti’s five global R&D centers, including the Chester, S.C., facility," according to company officials.
“The trend toward consumers wanting goods immediately is changing distribution and haul lengths," says Matthew Hanchana, senior sales technical and commercial marketing manager for Giti. "More fleets are performing a combination of long haul, regional and urban runs. The tread patterns and compounding innovations in our new Cross Regional and Cross Urban product lines are designed to operate efficiently in all of these applications.”
All GT Radial commercial truck tires are covered by a six-year limited warranty and a two retread casing warranty.