TIA Opens Registration for Centennial Events
Registration is open for the Tire Industry Association's centennial celebration events this fall during the 2021 Global Tire Expo (GTE)/SEMA Show Nov. 2-5 in Las Vegas.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas will serve as the venue for the Association’s 100th Anniversary Gala Celebration on Nov. 1.
The centennial festivities will begin with a cocktail reception and heavy hors d’oeuvres, followed by a program recalling the association’s history, speeches by TIA’s leadership, an address by Rocky Bleier, former NFL Super Bowl champion and decorated Vietnam war veteran, sponsored by Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., and entertainment sponsored by Bridgestone Americas Inc.
Other pre-show activities include a TopGolf Challenge TIA Government Affairs Benefit on Oct. 31, followed by TIA’s Annual Membership Meeting and Tire Industry Honors Luncheon on Nov. 1. The back-to-back membership meeting and honors luncheon will feature the installation of the 2021-22 TIA board president, Tire Industry Hall of Fame inductions, announcement of the Michelin/TIA scholarship winners, awards presentations by tire industry trade publications and recognition of the state Leadership Achievement Award winner.
“It is exciting to finally be able to celebrate TIA’s memorable 100-year history and to gather the extended TIA family at the Global Tire Expo and SEMA Show,” says TIA CEO Roy Littlefield. “We look forward to celebrating with TIA members and friends as we toast the past and celebrate the future. In addition, we especially are grateful for the support of Bridgestone, Goodyear and all of the other generous sponsors who are helping make all of this possible.”
Here's a look at the TIA pre-show event lineup:
- Sunday, Oct. 31, TopGolf, 2– 4 p.m., 4627 Koval Lane, Las Vegas (walking distance from The Cosmopolitan), ticketed event, $150 per person;
- Monday, Nov. 1, TIA Annual Membership Meeting, 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m., followed by the Tire Industry Honors Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., The Cosmopolitan, complimentary ticketed event; and
- Monday, Nov. 1, 100th Anniversary Celebration Reception & Program, Reception 6– 7:30 p.m.; Anniversary Program, 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m., The Cosmopolitan, tickets $25 per person.
TIA also will offer additional educational sessions and a press conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center during GTE/SEMA. They include:
- Tuesday, Nov. 2: Automotive at 10: Top 10 Tips for Technicians, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.;
- Tuesday, Nov. 2: Truck Tires at 10: Road Service Safety, 10 – 11 a.m.;
- Tuesday, Nov. 2: Tires at 2: Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets, 2 – 3:30 p.m.;
- Wednesday, Nov. 3: Automotive at 10: Preventing Ride Complaints, 10 – 11 a.m.;
- Wednesday, Nov. 3: Truck Tires at 10: Impact Wrench Technology, 10 – 11 a.m.; and
- Wednesday, Nov. 3, TIA Press Conference, 11:10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., TIA Booth No. 40066.
Hotel rates in the TIA room block are available at The Cosmopolitan here.
Register for TIA’s pre-show events here.