Yokohama Adds 4 Sizes to Its 104ZR Truck Tire Lineup
"The 104ZR is a true workhorse that’s designed to deliver longer tread wear, low rolling resistance, and even wear, making it especially ideal for high scrub applications," says Tom Clauer, Yokohama Tire Corp. manager of commercial and OTR product planning.
The company has added four sizes to the Yokohama urban/regional all-position/steer tire's lineup, which increases the total number of sizes to 10.
New sizes (4):
225/70R19.5, 245/70R19.5, 265/70R19.5, and 285/70R19.5.
Original sizes (6):
295/80R22.5, 9R22.5, 10R22.5, 11R22.5, 12R22.5, and 315/80R22.5.
Design features of the 104ZR include:
* a five-rib, full-depth tread pattern that "delivers an exceptionally smooth and quiet ride."
* a serpentine groove pattern, which reduces premature shoulder step-down and irregular wear.
* Zenvironment® technology, "which accurately predicts casing growth and helps with stabilized performance over the life of the tire, longer casing life, and better retreadability."
* specialized compounds for improved fuel economy.
* an ultra-wide top steel belt that provides rigidity across the entire tread surface "for enhanced durability and to avoid casing damage."
For more information on Yokohama’s commercial tires and programs, visit www.YokohamaTruck.com.
For more information on Yokohama’s broad product line, visit www.yokohamatire.com, or connect with Yokohama on Facebook (www.facebook.com/yokohamatirecorp), Twitter (www.twitter.com/yokohamatc), YouTube (www.youtube.com/user/yokohamamotorsports), or Instagram (www.instagram.com/yokohamatire).