5 Quick Takeaways From the 2016 Modern Tire Dealer 100
We know you want it, and we’ve got it. The 2016 Modern Tire Dealer 100 spans six pages and shows how you, and your fellow independent tire dealers, have grown. Here’s a quick link to download the list, plus five quick takeaways.
- Acquisitions remain a big influencer on the industry, and the top 10 reflects it. Read all about it in Ann Neal’s comprehensive story here.
- Only eight dealers have more than 100 stores. Tire Discounters Inc. was the latest to cross the triple-digit threshold. Three others are within striking distance: Belle Tire Distributors Inc., Town Fair Tire Centers Inc., and ATV Inc., dba American Tire Depot.
- Bruce Halle’s Discount Tire/America’s Tire has opened 16 stores since June 2015, and plans to open four more by the end of August 2016. (Want to see a list of every new location? Find it at the bottom of this story.)
- Last year’s Modern Tire Dealer Tire Dealer of the Year, Ricky Benton, owner of Black’s Tire Service Inc., moved up a spot, to No. 29 on this year’s list.
- There’s a 12-way tie for the 94th spot on the list.
Download the 2016 Modern Tire Dealer 100 here.