Hercules Expands Ironman Lineup With iMove Gen2 AS
Hercules Tire and Rubber Co. is updating its Ironman iMove tire with the iMove Gen2 AS. The entry-level, all-season ultra-high performance tire comes in 61 sizes, 22 of which weren't available in the original tire lineup.
The company says the iMove Gen2 AS delivers enhanced tread life and aesthetic appeal in a line of 61 T-, H-, V- and W-rated sizes. covering 14 to 22 inch wheel diameters.
“We did a great job of balancing the new features of the iMove Gen2 AS with those that made its predecessor so popular,” says Jedd Emans, vice president of marketing for Hercules. “Our customers will be excited at the evolution of the iMove and the range of new sizes available to them.”
The new design and construction of the iMove Gen2 AS features:
- an asymmetric tread design that provides enhanced traction and responsive handling in wet and dry conditions;
- new generation, wear-resistant compound that improves durability for extended tread life;
- enhanced tread block geometry and siping placement to increase grip and minimize road noise;
- improved pressure distribution, which promotes even wear and extended tread life; and
- circumferential and longitudinal grooves that maximize water evacuation to minimize hydroplane risk.
The iMove Gen2 AS joins the Ironman passenger lineup alongside the recently introduced GR 906 tire, which offers all-season touring performance in 31 T-, H- and V-rated sizes.
“The popularity of our Ironman brand is taking off because it capably meets the demand for economically priced tires with good quality and appealing aesthetics,” says Emans. “Plus, not many entry-level tires are backed by a company with the reputation and long-standing history of Hercules.”
Fifty sizes of the new iMove Gen2 AS are now available in the U.S. and will be introduced to the market as iMove inventories are exhausted. The balance of the SKUs is slated for availability in late 2016.
Complete sizes and specifications for the Ironman iMove Gen2 AS are available at www.herculestire.com.
Hercules is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Tire Distributors Inc.