Bandag Expands Tread Offerings for Drive Applications
The Bandag DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads for drive applications help deliver longevity and long-term value, Bridgestone says, for truckload, less-than-truckload (LTL), and pick-up and delivery (P&D) fleets.
“Bandag leads the market with high quality retreads that focus on delivering the lowest cost per mile to our fleet customers through the use of advanced compounds and tread design technology,” says Ben Rosenblum, director of Bandag marketing for the Bridgestone Commercial Group. “With the launch of DR 5.3 and DR 4.3, along with the TR 4.1 trailer pattern introduced late last year, we’ve delivered a compelling balance of performance and affordability, all manufactured with a high quality retread process that has been a hallmark of Bandag for nearly 60 years.”
The Bandag DR 5.3 closed-shoulder drive pattern for over-the-road applications features:
- robust, solid shoulder for long tread life and uniform wear;
- aggressive lug pattern for strong traction; and
- a proprietary compound that contributes to durability and wear life.
The Bandag DR 4.3 open-shoulder drive pattern for a variety of demanding on and mild off-road applications features:
- open shoulder that provides strong evacuation and traction in adverse weather conditions, along with a strong grip for chains; and
- a proprietary compound to contribute to long, even wear and durability.
Like the Bandag TR 4.1 tread pattern for trailer applications, the DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads accommodate common casing sizes used in truckload, LTL and P&D services.
The Bandag DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads are now available through Bandag dealers in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more, visit: www.bandag.com.