Bob Slagle, Founder of S&S Tire, Has Died
Robert “Bob” Clarence Slagle, the owner, founder and CEO of S&S Tire Co. in Arizona, died on May 8, 2016. He was 76.
Slagle opened S&S Tire in 1976. The company now has three locations in Arizona -- Peoria, Goodyear and Surprise.
Slagle was born in Pennsylvania on Dec. 7, 1939. A U.S. Army veteran, he was highly respected in his community and a prominent resident of Litchfield Park where he resided since 1982.
Bob was known as a successful businessman. He devoted his life to building and growing his company with his sons, Rob and Dan, and with the love and support of his wife, Joanne of 52 years.
Rob and Dan will continue to operate S&S Tire.
He also leaves a sister, brother, five grandchildren and five step-grandchildren.
Slagle served the tire industry and his community through leadership roles in many organizations:
* Independent Tire Dealers Group, Captive Insurance-current board president;
* Independent Tire Dealers Group-past board member;
* Wigwam Country Club-past president and past board member;
* City of Litchfield Park- Board Member, Industrial Development Commission;
* The Church at Litchfield Park-past records chairman on the board of directors;
* Arizona Tire Dealers Association-past president; and
* Peoria Lions Club-past president.
A Celebration of Life ceremony will be held Sunday, May 22, 2016, 3 P.M. to 5 P.M. at the Wigwam Resort-Sachem Hall, 300 E. Wigwam Blvd. in Litchfield Park in remembrance of all of his service to the Community of Litchfield Park and the Wigwam Resort Golf and Country Club.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Homeless Youth Connection, 500 N. Bullard Ave., Ste. 28, Goodyear, Ariz., 85338. or The Church at Litchfield Park, 300 N. Old Litchfield Rd., Litchfield Park 85340.
For his complete obituary and to leave condolences, visit www.menkefuneralhome.com.