Goodyear Marathon: A New Mid-Tier Line of Truck Tires
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s Marathon tires are a mid-tier line designed to help long haul operations lower their costs by offering more miles to removal. The tire maker has revealed the first three tires of the new line.
The Marathon LHS, Marathon LHD, and Marathon LHT will help long haul fleets go the distance thanks to a variety of features that help promote long tire life, plus SmartWay-verified fuel efficiency and a high degree of traction, Goodyear says.
“Trusted products are a key element of the Goodyear Total Solution, which helps fleets lower their operating costs,” says Brian Buckham, general manager of product marketing for Goodyear, “and our new Marathon tires have been engineered to offer exactly that.”
The Marathon LHS has been designed for the steer position and features:
- five-rib construction to help provide uniform wear and long tire life,
- pressure distribution grooves to help promote even wear,
- enhanced tread compounds for SmartWay-verified fuel efficiency and low cost-per-mile, and
- lateral grooves and rib edge sipes to help enhance traction in all weather conditions.
Designed for the drive position, the Marathon LHD features:
- Goodyear Tredlock Technology with interlocking micro-grooves to help stabilize the tread for more miles to removal,
- semi-solid shoulder ribs to help provide long life, and
- highly siped center rib and lateral grooves to offer excellent all-season traction.
The Marathon LHT, designed for the trailer position, contains:
- strong casing construction to help enhance tire life, toughness, and retreadability,
- a special, protective shoulder compound that helps guard the tire’s outer tread from curb damage, and
- fuel-saving compounds to help reduce energy loss and achieve SmartWay-verified performance.
The Marathon LHS is available in size 295/75R22.5 (Load Ranges G and H) and will be available in size 11R22.5 (Load Ranges G and H) in June. In July, the tire will be available in size 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G) and 11R24.5 (Load Ranges G and H.)
The Marathon LHD is available in size 295/75R22.5 (Load Range G) and will be available in size 11R22.5 (Load Range G) in June. Sizes 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G) and 11R24.5 (Load Ranges G and H) will be available in December 2016.
The Marathon LHT is available in size 295/75R22.5 (Load Range G) and will be available in size 11R22.5 (Load Range G) in June. Sizes 285/75R24.5 (Load Range G) and 11R24.5 (Load Range G) will be added in July.
“Tires represent a significant investment, especially for budget-conscious fleets,” says Buckham. “Our new, mid-tier Marathon long haul tires offer more miles to removal and SmartWay-verified fuel efficiency, which will help long haul fleets optimize their tire assets.”
To learn more about Goodyear's truck tires, visit www.goodyeartrucktires.com.