Michelin Commercial Service Network Is Going to Canada
Michelin North America Inc. is expanding the Michelin Commercial Service Network (MCSN) to Canada.
The franchise program of commercial tire dealerships will provide service to both local and national fleet accounts across Canada. Dealers will furnish a comprehensive service package, including preventative maintenance, a centralized after-hours emergency road service, and an online fleet tire reporting and service-tracking program.
"Michelin is proud to bring the innovation of the Michelin Commercial Service Network to Canada and to introduce it to the industry in person at this year's Truck World show," says Harold Phillips, chief operating officer of Michelin North America in Canada. "The network arose in response to a clear need from fleets for consistency and high-quality service throughout North America. The MCSN empowers Michelin-affiliated fleets to work efficiently by helping to maximize their uptime and control costs, ultimately positioning fleets to better meet their customer needs."
MCSN franchisees must be an authorized Michelin truck tire dealership and affiliated with a Michelin Retread Technologies retreader. All membership dealers are officially certified and equipped with highly trained technicians and the latest professional equipment. They stay up-to-date on maintenance standards and safety practices through regular online courses provided by Michelin.
The tire maker says the network offers the Canadian trucking industry a new streamlined online system to better inform and connect fleets and service providers. Fleets can locate dealers nearest them and track service calls with an online dashboard system. The MCSN suite of services now available in Canada includes:
- Michelin's 24-hour emergency road service program connects to emergency tire services during a truck breakdown;
- Livetrack: event monitoring with real-time dispatch screen views;
- FixPix: pictures included with each event provide 100% proof of product and service;
- Free dispatch for tires for North American fleet customers;
- Roll-time target of less than two hours;
- Expanded North American coverage;
- Consistent service and tire pricing; and
- Detailed event dashhboard.
- A tire-monitoring program that helps fleets maximize uptime and control costs.
To learn more about the company's truck tires and services, visit www.michelintruck.com.