Pro-Cut introduces on-car brake lathe
Pro-Cut International Ltd. LLC is marketing a new on-car brake lathe, the PFM 9.0.
The PFM 9.0 is an improved version of the company's PFM900. New features include the following:
* computer-controlled accuracy to within .001-inch, and one-cut, finish cut technology that removes up to .020-inch from each side of the rotor in a single pass.
* a more rugged and durable membrane keypad.
* a redesigned computer board that delivers faster and more accurate runout compensation. Pro-Cut says the lathe takes less than one minute to automatically adjust for lateral runout.
* a redesigned trolley that offers better balance and easier handling.
* an electric .95 hp motor (up from .75 hp).
* adapters that allow the lathe to easily handle almost every car and light truck.
The PFM 9.0 is designed to completely cut and finish virtually any rotor in four steps, according to President Jeff Hastings.
Every PFM 9.0 brake lathe comes with a lifetime "same day parts promise" that guarantees any problem called in by a certain time will be diagnosed and the part shipped within 24 hours. "You'll never be down more than 24 hours if anything brakes, whether under warranty or not," says a company spokesman.