Goodyear Adds High Performance Tire to Kelly Edge Line
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. has added a high performance tire to its Kelly Edge brand line. The new Kelly Edge HP will be available in 20 sizes and have a 45,000-mile limited tread life warranty.
The Kelly Edge HP is for consumers who want excellent performance and value, according to Jay Robinson, general manager, brand marketing for Goodyear.
“This exciting new product rounds out our Kelly Edge power line, which includes the Kelly Edge A/S and Kelly Edge AT, introduced during last year’s Goodyear dealer conference,” he says.
“With the addition of the Kelly Edge HP, the Kelly power line now covers 85% of target segments.”
The Kelly Edge HP features include:
* an asymmetric tread pattern and a proven tread compound for enhanced all-season traction in wet, dry and snowy conditions;
* a wide center rib to help provide confident handling on a variety of road surfaces;
* solid shoulder blocks to help stabilize its footprint for enhanced cornering;
* blades with biting edges for enhanced handling, especially while turning; and
* an enhanced tread block sequence to help reduce road noise so drivers can enjoy a quiet ride.
“The Kelly Edge A/S and the Kelly Edge AT are offered in a broad range of sizes to cover a large majority of the touring, passenger, CUV, SUV and all-terrain segments,” says Robinson.
“The new Kelly Edge HP will do the same in the high-performance arena, with availability in 20 popular sizes, ranging from 195/55R15 to 245/45R18.”