Michelin Introduces Uniroyal Brand to the Commercial Truck Tire Market
Michelin North America Inc. has launched the Uniroyal medium truck tire brand in the U.S. market. The new line consists of six commercial truck tires for applications from long-haul to regional to on-/off- road, including dry van, flat bed, construction, and pickup and delivery service.
Twenty-six sizes are available now; two more will be added in March for a total of 28 sizes. There are six tread designs:
* LS24: SmartWay-verified long-haul all-position tire optimized for the steer axle (four sizes);
* LT40: Long-haul and regional trailer tire (four sizes);
* RS20: SmartWay-verified regional all-position tire optimized for the steer axle (seven sizes);
* RD30: Regional and long-haul drive tire (six sizes);
* HS50: On-/off -road all-position tire optimized for the steer axle (four sizes); and
* HD60: On-/off-road drive tire (three sizes).
Two of the tires, the RS20 and LS24, are SmartWay-verified and meet the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements for outstanding fuel efficiency.
The new line includes a one retread limited warranty for all long haul and regional tires as long as they’re retreaded in the company’s Oliver Rubber Co. and Michelin Retread Technology facilities. The warranty also covers workmanship and material for 48 months.
“The offer is complete with 28 sizes covering all the different applications and locations in the market with the leading sizes for the marketplace today. In addition it allows our dealer network to have a multi brand portfolio for different segments of the market and different needs of end users within the market today,” says Donna Murphy, business segment manager for Uniroyal Commercial Truck Tires.
“We have a multi portfolio of brands. The Michelin brand, the BFGoodrich brand and now the Uniroyal brand. The Uniroyal brand will target the lower intermediate and budget segment of the marketplace,” she says.
For more information on the new line, visit www.uniroyaltrucktires.com.