Current Issue

PREMIUM CONTENT FOR SUBSCRIBERS ONLY

Commercial Business Commercial Tires Consumer Tires Retail Suppliers Wholesale Distribution

Giti Tire’s Rose Parade Contest Attracts Facebook Fans

Order Reprints
Giti Tire’s Rose Parade Contest Attracts Facebook Fans

Giti Tire (USA) Ltd.’s Facebook page gained almost 4,000 new fans during the company’s contest to win a trip to the watch the Rose Parade and college bowl game.

Facebook and Twitter combined to generate 87% of the entry shares. Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn accounted for most of the other 13%, according to the company.

Giti Tire was the official tire sponsor of the 127th Rose Parade.

To enter, contestants had to explain why they wanted to attend the parade and football game. In addition to telling their story on the Facebook page, contestants had to garner votes for their entry from their Facebook friends. The top vote getters were chosen in a random drawing. There were a total of eight winners.

“We want to thank everyone who entered our contest and cast votes,” said Joe Anzelmo, senior manager, marketing, advertising and promotions, for GITI Tire (USA) Ltd. “With Giti Tire being a family-owned company, it was very special to read the many family-oriented stories among the entries and be able to fulfill the dreams of the winners.”

Patricia Smith of Galesburg, IL, was able to take her sister on the trip in memory of another sister. “Last year I took my younger sister to the Rose Bowl. She passed away in April and I would love to take my other sister this time in her memory,” she said.

The contest winners received round trip airfare, two nights hotel stay and tickets to the parade, football game and the game’s VIP tailgate party.

Giti Tire had signage along the parade route. Approximately 700,000 spectators lined the streets of Pasadena and millions more watched the parade of various TV broadcasts.

Giti is building a $560 million plant in South Carolina. It is the company’s first manufacturing facility outside of Asia. The new plant will produce will produce passenger and light truck tires for the replacement and original equipment markets. It is expected to generate more than a thousand jobs and is anticipated to begin production by 2017.

Giti Tire Group (headquartered in Singapore) operates eight manufacturing plants. Giti Tire (USA) Ltd., based in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., is the sales, marketing, and distribution company for North America.

It markets and sells a family of brands: GT Radial, Primewell, and Dextero tires for high performance vehicles, passenger, SUV, light truck, and medium trucks through national retailers, independent retailers and distributors across the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit www.giti.com.

Related Articles

Giti Sponsors Rose Parade Contest on Facebook

Giti Gives Away Trips to the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl

Giti is Official Tire of 2016 Rose Parade

You must login or register in order to post a comment.