Dunlop introduces high performance tire
Dunlop Tires recently introduced its latest V- and Z-rated high performance tire, the SP Sport FM901.
Introduced at the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) International Auto Salon in Long Beach, Calif., last week, the tire features an extreme directional tread pattern and wide tread profile for optimal handling and even tread wear. It has the "radical look that young sport compact owners look for to stand out from the crowd," according to the company.
It also has the following benefits:
* high performance silica-blend tread compound derived from Dunlop's International Motorsports program.
* two circumferential center grooves and full-depth lateral grooves for water dispersion.
* large, rigid shoulder tread blocks designed for precise and predictable cornering control.
* Dunlop's CHAOS tread-pitch sequencing, which serves to minimize road noise.
* Dunlop's JLB technology combined with full-width, high-density steel belts for stable handling, smooth ride uniformity and even tread wear.
* a hard rubber bead apex, high-ply turn-up and steel sidewall stabilizer for quick steering response.
* Dunlop's Max Flange Shield, designed to protect against curb damage.
The SP Sport FM901 is available in 24 sizes ranging from 195/55VR15 to 265/35ZR18.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. Inc. owns a majority interest in Dunlop Tires.