Goodyear launches Assurance Web site
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is launching a new Web site this week dedicated to educating consumers about its new Assurance tire line.
Basic features at www.GoodyearAssurance.com include the following:
* Find a Tire. The site visitor can match up his or her vehicle with possible Assurance fitments by specific tire size.
* Find a Retailer. By typing in a zip code, consumers can find their nearest outlet for Assurance tires.
* Technology. An overview of technical innovations associated with the Assurance tires is presented.
* Order Tires Now. Consumers can pre-order their Assurance tires before visiting a retail outlet.
* Registrations. Anyone can sign up for free e-mail tire rotation reminders and on-line tire registration after purchasing Assurance tires.
Assurance tires are being shipped to retail tire outlets this spring. The ComforTred, a premium passenger tire that promises low noise and high comfort, is available now; the TripleTred, a premium all-weather tire with three unique tread zones, will be available in limited sizes at the end of this month.
"We will continue to add more features to the site over the next few months, including a way for customers to give feedback on how the tires have performed for them," says Jeanne Sherman, director of new products for Goodyear's North American Tire operations. "Additional items, such as commentary from the scientists who developed the tires, will be coming, too."