Monroe Ride & Drive programs expanded to 40 markets for 2004
The Monroe "Ride & Drive" program, a practical, hands-on demonstration developed to educate technicians about the significant differences between worn ride control products and new Monroe Reflex and Sensa-Trac technologies, is currently scheduled for 14 cities.
The programs, sponsored by Monroe shocks and struts, will be held in:
* Memphis, Tenn., on March 29;
* Fort Worth, Texas, on April 1-2;
* Tulsa, Okla., on April 5;
* Albuquerque, N.M., on April 8;
* Salt Lake City, Utah, on April 13;
* Denver, Colo., on April 16;
* Council Bluffs, Iowa, on April 19;
* Kansas City, Mo., on April 21;
* St. Louis, Mo., on April 23;
* Columbus, Ohio, on April 26;
* Nashville, Tenn., on May 6;
* Birmingham, Ala., on May 10;
* Atlanta, Ga., on May 12; and
* Charlotte, N.C., on May 14.
Each Ride & Drive session has two segments: road course driving and a new Monroe "Safety Triangle" training clinic.
On the road course, participants compare shock/strut ride and handling performance using a fleet of identical passenger cars and sport utility vehicles. Drivers maneuver through a sophisticated mini road course featuring a variety of tight turns, quick stops and challenging pavement conditions.
The Safety Triangle segment covers the importance of conducting periodic inspections of the interconnected system of components that controls vehicle steering, stopping and stability.
Last year more than 7,000 people participated in the Ride & Drive programs, the company says.
To register for a 2004 Monroe Ride & Drive session, call (888) 558-3583 or e-mail MonroeRide.firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the Ride & Drive program is also located at www.monroe.com.