Michelin creates MAST dealer council
Michelin North America Inc. (MNA) announced the formation of its new Michelin Alliance Small Tires (MAST) Customer Council at its MAST dealer meeting in Naples, Fla., today.
The nine-member council "is designed to facilitate development of best practices on planning, marketing, pricing, training, service and product development," says Herb Johnson, general business director of MNA's Alliance Programs.
Members, who will serve three years each, include:
* Bob Beasley, vice president of Beasley Tire Service in Houston, Texas;
* Paul Bernstein, vice president of Delta World Tire Co. in New Orleans, La.;
* Jeff Buettner, vice president of Tire Distributors Inc. in Virginia;
* Ron Burt, co-owner of Burt Brothers Tire in Bountiful, Utah;
* Janine Calabro, business manager at Calabro Tire & Auto Service in Pittsburgh, Pa.;
* Ed Hogan, president of Hogan Tire Co. in Woburn, Mass.;
* Jerry Nerheim, president of Waukegon Tire & Supply in Waukegon, Ill.;
* Ara Tchaghlassian, president of ATV Inc. in Irwindale, Calif.;
* Jim Whaley, president of Jim Whaley's Tires in Dothan, Ala.
"These customers will play an important role in the development of our Alliance program," says Johnson.
More than 150 MAST dealers are meeting in Naples today and tomorrow.