New England dealers to meet for trade show and convention
The New England Tire & Service Association (NETSA) will hold its annual trade show and convention at the Mohegan Sun Casino and Resort in Uncasville, Conn., April 15-17, 2005.
Included on the program is an informal golf outing on Friday, and seminars on Saturday and Sunday covering these topics:
* "Preventative maintenance 101 -- Cash in with today's PM systems/programs," presented by Bob Katz, Nu-Tread Tire; and Nancy Harmony, Antifreeze Technology System.
* "What is Check 21 and how will it affect you?" presented by Alison Cole, First Data.
* "How to keep your tire customers forever," presented by Larry Holser, Drive USA.
* "What every tire dealer must know about the Internet," presented by Larry Holser, Drive USA.
* "On the frontline -- for retailers by retailers," a panel discussion presented by five New England retailers.
* "Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) -- What you need to know," presented by Wilson Beach, Tire Industry Association (TIA).
* "Speed ratings and proper tire fitment -- What's right and who says so," a panel discussion by five New England dealers.
A meet-and-greet breakfast will be held Saturday morning, hosted by NETSA President Spencer Carruthers. There also will be a luncheon and annual meeting with a keynote speech by John Peer, director, consumer dealer sales and retail operations, the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.; a trade show on Saturday and Sunday; and a wine and cheese reception.
The annual NETSA dinner will feature keynote speaker Roy Littlefield, TIA executive director, who will discuss "The role of the independent tire dealer, retreader and recycler in this ever-changing industry."
The NETSA breakfast on Sunday will welcome incoming president Neil Schlossberg.
For a complete schedule plus hotel and registration information, contact NETSA at (866) 847-3763 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.