Continental readies five new products for U.S.
Five new tires, including a premium ultra-high performance all-season tire, will be introduced by Continental Tire North America Inc. (CTNA) in the next five months.
At the CTNA Dealer Meeting in Maui, Hawaii, Mike Barker, head of the Passenger and Light Truck (PLT) Business Unit, announced the following new product introductions in 2002:
* Contiextremecontact, an ultra-high performance all-season tire. It will be available April 1. The line will eventually encompass 29 sizes.
* Contisportcontact 2, a premium ultra-high performance tire. It will be available April 1.
* General Exclaim, an H-rated high performance tire. It will be available May 1 in 29 sizes, 16 of which will address 16- and 17-inch fitments.
* General Ameri*GS60, the replacement adaption of the original equipment tire. Sizes will cover more than 80% of the touring tire marketplace. It will be available May 1.
* General Ameritrac TR, a light truck and SUV tire. Featuring a cut- and chip-resistant tread compound, the tire will be available in 11 LT sizes and five P-metric sizes beginning March 1.
CTNA also announced it would be manufacturing six new private brand tires in 2002.