Learn about vehicle electronics on YouTube
The library of practical, hands-on technical training videos produced by the Wells Vehicle Electronics division of Wells Manufacturing L.P. has grown in more ways than one.
Now comprising dozens of in-depth training segments designed to serve the needs of automotive technicians, parts professionals and do-it-yourselfers, the “Wells Tech” training library also is popular on YouTube. Last week, the video series surpassed 500,000 views on youtube.com. More than 400,000 of these views have been registered in 2010, reflecting the company’s aggressive new technical and brand marketing activities.
“We have seen a dramatic increase in the use of our free online video library, Web site and other technical training resources,” says Bill Nonnamaker, vice president of sales and marketing for Wells Manufacturing.
Developed by the company’s Technical Services department, the Wells Tech series includes nearly 20 in-depth diagnostic case studies for professionals and DIYers; several vehicle systems reviews for parts professionals; and a variety of programs exploring the design and production of modern engine management components.
Among the Wells diagnostic and training videos now available online are:
* Distributor-less Ignition (DIS) Training;
* Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Training;
* Evaporative (EVAP) Training;
* ABS Diagnostics & Repair;
* Computer “No Communication”;
* Nissan Cam/Crank Sensor Testing, Throttle Body Cleaning & Idle Air Relearn (P0507);
* GM 3.1 EGR Replacement/Port Cleaning;
* GM 3.1 Cam Sensor Replacement;
* LS711/LS922 Chrysler/Jeep Ignition Switch;
* Early Ford EGR Pressure Sensor Diagnosis & Replacement;
* GM Type I DIS DR143/DR148/C860 Testing & Replacement;
* Chrysler 1995-03 2.0-2.4L Cam Sensor Replacement;
* Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Testing;
* Digital Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Diagnostics; and
* GM Type II DIS System Cylinder Misfire Detection.
These videos can be easily accessed on YouTube’s “WellsTech” page as well as on the award-winning www.WellsVE.com Web site.
Wells Manufacturing is a subsidiary of UCI International Inc., a global manufacturer of advanced vehicle electronics solutions for original equipment and replacement applications in the automotive, marine, off-highway, industrial and heavy-duty industries.