Yokohama will raise prices in December
Yokohama Tire Corp. will raise its consumer tire prices up to 8%, effective Dec. 1, 2010. In-line adjustments will be announced later.
Yokohama officials say the increase is necessary due to escalating raw material, manufacturing and transportation costs. The company is the latest in a long list of tiremakers to announce price hikes. Others include.
* Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp., which will hike its passenger, light truck and commercial truck tire prices up to 6% on Nov. 1.
* Falken Tire Corp., which will hike its passenger, light truck and medium truck tire prices up to 8% on Nov. 1.
* Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc., which will raise consumer and medium truck tire prices up to 6.5%, also on Nov. 1.
* Hankook Tire America Corp., which will raise its consumer and commercial tire prices up to 6.5% on Nov. 1.
* Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., which will hike its consumer tire prices in North America also as much as 6.5% on Nov. 1.
Pirelli Tire North America says it will hike its consumer tire prices in the U.S. up to 7%, effective Dec. 1. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. raised its medium truck tires prices up to 8% on Oct. 1.