Hankook releases more details on DL07
Hankook Tire America Corp. showcased its next generation line-haul drive tire, the DL07, at the 2010 Mid-America Trucking Show.
(The company gave its dealers a sneak peak at the tire at its dealer meeting in February. For more information on the meeting, click "Hankook introduces eight tires in St. Thomas.")
The DL07 is engineered to deliver perform in weather conditions. It features the following:
* an aggressive block pattern;
* wide and deep, four channel zigzag grooves with enhanced stone ejector platforms;
* a new casing construction designed to deliver "improved durability and retreadability";
* a high grip notch shoulder design, "which prevents irregular heel and toe wear" and enhances traction; and
* wide and flat shoulder ribs for long mileage and even wear.
The tire is available in size 285/75R24.5 (14-ply). Sizes 11R22.5, 11R24.5 and 295/75R22.5 will be added by the third quarter of this year.
Hankook says the tire will compete against the Michelin XDA5, Goodyear G372A and Bridgestone M726EL. It will be priced lower than those tires, adds the company.
The DL07 is Hankook’s first line-haul drive tire designed and engineered with e3 (pronounced e-Cubed) technology, which stands for energy, economy and environment. For more product information, visit www.hankooktireusa.com.